Managing stress and anxiety in the workplace is crucial for maintaining mental health and overall well-being. Here are some tips on how to manage stress and anxiety on the job:
- Practice self-care: Take care of yourself both physically and mentally. This includes getting enough sleep, eating a balanced diet, exercising regularly, and taking breaks throughout the workday.
- Set boundaries: It’s important to set boundaries and prioritize your mental health. Evaluate your projects and focus first on those with the highest priorities. Make sure to avoid over-committing.
- Practice mindfulness: Use techniques like deep breathing, meditation, or yoga to help reduce stress and anxiety. Remember, this is a “practice” for a reason. Keep going!
- Talk to your supervisor: If you’re feeling overwhelmed, it’s important to talk to your supervisor. They may be able to help you prioritize your workload or offer support or strategies.
- Take breaks: Taking breaks throughout the day can help to reduce stress and improve productivity. This could mean taking a walk, chatting with a colleague, or simply taking a few minutes to stretch.
- Seek support: If you’re struggling with stress or anxiety, it’s important to seek support. This may mean talking to a mental health professional or utilizing your Assistance Program.
- Connect with others: Connecting with colleagues or coworkers can help to reduce stress and improve mental health. This could mean joining a workplace social group or simply chatting with coworkers during breaks.
Remember, taking care of your mental health is important for your overall well-being. Your Assistance Program offers confidential and professional support to help navigate life’s challenges. Learn more about resources available at our member support page.