We here at AllOne Health and our Family of EAPs continue to commit our support and expertise to you and your employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. We assure you that our high-touch level of service is ongoing and our additional measures have been well received. We monitor and adjust as needed and assess daily recommendations from the CDC, the State/Local authorities, and the Current Executive Orders. To that effect, we want to review with you the steps the AllOne Health Family is taking in response to the current challenge:
- Our COVID-19 Pandemic Response Team led by our Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Fred Kohanna, monitors vetted sources of information on developments and adjusts our operations in accordance with the current recommendations.
- Our 24/7/365 clinical in-the-moment counseling support to employees in need and consultation to management on issues related to COVID-19 is ongoing. We are available to all levels of leadership and employees within your organization as you seek to navigate the emotional, financial, and life-altering fall-out of the pandemic. Of course, we remain available to provide support for all other issues as well and extend our other services such as legal and financial consultation, personal assist, medical advocacy, child and elder care consultation, coaching, and chat services in a business-as-usual manner. Our website, MyLifeExpert, has extensive articles, information and interactive features as well. Please go to www.mylifeexpert.com.
- Our counseling options include virtual and telephonic sessions offered on HIPAA compliant platforms.
- We are continuing to fulfill training and critical incident requests via our virtual platforms.
- We are currently offering informational webinars covering the challenges of the pandemic and how it relates to and impacts the professional and personal lives of employers, HR professionals and employees. Due to the overwhelming response we have received regarding our webinars, we have increased the frequency and have been offering 2-4 weekly topics such as working from home, coping with the pandemic, mindfulness, financial issues, and self-care.
Printable Version: COVID19 Action Steps