Summer may seem as an ideal time to work on your physical health; the warm weather makes even chores such as walking the dog, taking the kids to practice, or yard work feel like an enjoyable physical task. The summer season makes the incentive to get health conscious convenient. Sadly, summer is coming to an end and fall is just around the corner as we welcome a crisp chill in the air. Just because the leaves are falling doesn’t mean your level of dedication to fitness has to fall as well. We’ve compiled some tips on how to keep up your physical activity this fall.
Here are six tips to help you stay focused on your physical well-being this cold season:
- Make your fall chores a workout; opt for raking your own leaves instead of having someone else do your fall yard-work.
- Take full advantage of “The Harvest Season” and upgrade your diet with the fresh vegetables and fruit available this season.
- Explore a new hiking trail over the weekend and check out the fall foliage in your area.
- Try to get a workout in – even if you don’t have time to get to a gym. An alternative to heading to the gym is an at home yoga session. Look up an at home yoga routine and practice at home. You can also incorporate some meditation into this routine.
- The upcoming Holiday Season is infamous for “cheat meals;” to avoid this, set aside free time one day a week to prep healthy meals and prepare portioned healthy snacks.
- If you prefer to workout at a gym, sign up for a class! Fall is the perfect time to start something new.