Pride Month is an opportunity for organizations everywhere to promote inclusivity, raise awareness, and show support for people who are LGBTQ+.
If you hold a leadership position at your workplace, membership organization, or school, you can help create a more supportive and inclusive environment when you lead by example.
Here are some suggestions:
- Use inclusive language. Respect individual pronouns and encourage others to do the same.
- Take a proactive approach. To create a welcoming and inclusive culture, create policies that prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Consider training programs. Organizations everywhere are adjusting to a quickly evolving world. Programs that discuss unconscious bias, microaggressions, and LGBTQ+ issues can help promote awareness and a sense of belonging.
- Consider organizational development. These services are designed to develop leaders, enhance your organization’s culture and help it adapt to today’s changing world.
- Consider executive coaching and leadership development. These services are tailored to meet the unique needs of executives, managers, and supervisors, helping them become more effective in helping their organization achieve its goals.
- Promote your Assistance Program. When individuals have the support they need, everyone benefits: Stronger individuals lead to stronger teams and organizations.
Also, be willing to listen and learn from LGBTQ+ individuals to understand their needs and how you can advocate for them. If you would like additional information and support, please reach out to your account manager.
Copyright © 2023 AllOne Health Resources, Inc. All rights reserved.